The Best semester of your life starts now
Welcome to Rome
The city that you’ll be living in for the next few months, but that will stay with you for the rest of your life. We know these first days and weeks are when you find your feet in a new destination, and find your people too, and we want to make this as easy as possible for you.
We’ve got two weeks of events in Rome’s friendliest bar study abroad students – The Drunken Ship, travel giveaways, and a full semester of weekend trips for you to choose from.
Rome Study Abroad Spring 2022 Welcome Weeks begin now! We’re excited to meet you.
Read on for more info!
Welcome Weeks Events at the Drunken Ship
Your new favourite bar
While any night of the week is great at The Drunken Ship, we’ve got a series of events that will make it easy for you to find your feet – and your new best friends – in Rome.
Any night of the week you’ll find fellow students, events and cheap drinks in the centre of Rome.
Welcome Weeks in Rome run through the first three weeks of January. Make sure you’re at all events if you want to win our Instagram competition.
Win a Whole Semester of travel
Welcome Weeks Instagram competition
Post your best Rome photos, tag The Abroad Connection, and maybe win a whole semester of weekend travel valued at €3200. Here’s how:
- Follow @theabroadconnection and @drunkenship_rome on Instagram
- Explore Rome and photograph the experience
- Tag @theabroadconnection and @drunkenship_rome and the hashtags #welcomeweeks and #ROMEspringabroad2022 in any photos you post to Instagram
- Win: twice a week we’ll announce a prize winner* who will win a trip for two to one of The Abroad Connection’s destinations. See prize schedule below. (The Abroad Connection will be deciding each winner, but the main consideration will be the best likes to followers ratio – so get your friends to like your posts!)
- Grand Prize the four posts with the most likes will enter into a poll on @theabroadconnection’s Stories on Thirsday the 27th of January. The post with the most likes will be announced the winner on the 23rd at The Drunken Ship.
*Note: winners will be announced at 9pm at The Drunken Ship, and must be there to win!
- THURSDAY 20th: win a trip to Florence
- SUNDAY 23rd: win a trip to Prague
- MONDAY 24th: win a trip to Amsterdam
- THURSDAY 27th: the winner of the poll gets a whole semester of travel. Value €3200
Let's make some weekend plans
We've got your spring semester sorted
And while you’re out exploring and enjoying Rome – and attending our Welcome Weeks events – we want you to also start thinking about what you’re going to do this semester.
We’ve filled a semester of weekend trips to all of your bucket list destinations. Florence, Prague, Paris, the Alps, Amsterdam, Budapest, Dublin, Rome, Ibiza, and Munich.
And when you travel with The Abroad Connection you know that we’ve got you in the coolest hotels, have the must-do experiences included, make sure that you’re always in the best, exclusive parties, and attract fellow study abroad students from all over Europe.
Have a look at our Spring Semester schedule and let’s start making some plans!
Influence friends, travel for free
The Abroad Connection Ambassador program
We’re looking for influential and creative students to join the Abroad Connection ambassador team. Broadly, we’re looking for two distinct types of ambassadors.
- Sales Ambassadors
If you’re the kind of person who likes to have the best plans wherever you are, and can motivate your gang to do it with you, you could become an Abroad Connection sales ambassador.
Not only will you be introducing your group to the semester’s best weekend trips around Europe, but we’ll also have the best plans for Rome.
- Creative Ambassadors
Creative Ambassadors are students with a passion for writing, blogging, photography, videography, social media – anything to do with communication, really.
All you will do is share your experiences abroad with fellow students and be rewarded when they come on our trips.
Both Sales and Creative Ambassadors get free travel, VIP hookups around Europe, and some travel money too.